Our 25-30 person strong beating team is at the heart of what we do!
If you like to walk, spend the day outside and be a part of a team, you might consider joining our beating team. The Beaters are responsible for driving or flushing the birds towards the Guns, under the Game Keeper’s instructions. Most are armed with sticks to beat the bushes and trees but some, acting as Flankers may carry flags in order to direct birds. Others may act as Stops, perhaps at the end of a hedgerow, preventing quarry from going in a particular direction. Why spend money on a gym membership when you can join in on this active and exciting day in the field.
We are also looking for Beaters who are interested in running company dogs in the beating line. These individuals will require additional training.
We will be shooting 4-5 days/week September-November.
- All beaters will be full-time (30-40 hours/week) seasonal employees and will hold a regular schedule.
- All beaters will be W-2 employees paid on the 5st (for 16th-1st) and 20th(for the 2nd-15th) of the month.
- We will shoot 4-6 days a week from September 1-November 23
- We will hold a training to cover responsibilities and expectations.
Requirements for the position
- 18 or older
- Can commit to a set schedule and arrive promptly
- In adequate physical condition to walk up to or more than 6 miles/day
- Willing to take direction and be a part of a team
- Enjoy being outside
If you are interested in joining the beating line or hospitality email [email protected]